Friday, July 11, 2008

Get Smart about the Economy

Apparently, we really are in a recession. Vogue's July issue has advice on how to get beauty on the cheap. Not just one line either- COST EFFECTIVE BEAUTY AND FITNESS headlines the front cover. When Anna Wintour is letting me know that I can late summer vacay in the tropics to save some bucks, you know the national money machine is grinding to a slow halt.Also, that hell has frozen over.

Not that you can tell in the cinemas. I was surprised to see Anne Hathaway decked out in Chanel in her latest flick, Get Smart. Not understated Chanel either- big CC earrings and sunglasses in every scene. I was already a fan of both Chanel and Hathaway and the two together have me in a tizzy. I must find some CC earrings for my honeymoon to the Greenbriar- how fitting. Bagborroworsteal has some great options but at those prices, I still might be better off in Chinatown. I am not one of those bloggers who will pretend that buying is even an option- not yet.

No comments: